TAP LEAK REPAIR SERVICE
Why do taps start to leak?
In most cases, a tap leak repair needs to happen because the washer within the tap has given in to old age and constant wear and tear. The washer becoming flimsy leads to the tap not being about to shut off completely which allows the water to still trickle through and drip.
How to fix tap leaks?
- Remove tap cover using spanner
- Remove screw and handle
- Remove the head gear, bonnet and spindle and you should see the body washer, O-ring and jumper valve
- Remove and replace the body washer, O-Ring and jumper valve
- Add tap lubricant for friction free use
- Re-fit bonnet, spindle and head gear - be careful not to screw the nut to tight
- Re-fit screw and tap cover
Tap still leaking? Give us a call on 1300 668 770 for your tap leak repair in Brisbane and surrounding suburbs.
Tap Leak Repair and Service Areas
Brisbane Plumbing and Gas is your leading provider of blocked drain repairs, blocked drain clearing, and other blocked drain services - reaching over Brisbane, Caboolture, Beenleigh, Ipswich and all suburbs in between.
- Acacia Ridge
- Cannon Hill
- South Brisbane
- Albany Creek
- North Lakes
- Bribie Island
- Bracken Ridge
- Ferny Grove